MacFawn Fire & Flood Restoration is a rapidly growing disaster restoration company that has serviced commercial and residential clients throughout New York State for over 30 years. We are a family-oriented business that upholds our core values of being action oriented and process driven with a focus on honesty and integrity. We strive to improve both our employees’ lives and professional careers through training, educational opportunities and more.
As we continue to expand our service reach throughout the Northeast, we are seeking energetic and responsible team members to join the company and help take our clients’ worries away when disaster strikes. MacFawn Fire & Flood Restoration is seeking a Crew Chief to join their Operations team. The Crew Chief will work in the field (mitigation, demolition, reconstruction, specialty cleaning and other restorative services), along with various other operations-related tasks. This opportunity is based out of the Albany, NY office.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Supervise assigned field technician crew(s) to ensure team productivity, high quality work, and client satisfaction.
- Respond to both emergency and non-emergency restoration job sites.
- Setup and operate restoration equipment
- Perform building board-ups
- Perform water extraction
- Perform fire damage cleaning
- Perform pack-outs of contents
- Remove debris from job sites
- Perform demolition services
- Perform reconstruction services
- Thoroughly document job site damages and progress; Upload documentation to company project management software
- Provide daily job site notes to supervisor
- Implement and adhere to job site and vehicle safety
- Perform vehicle and equipment maintenance and inspections
- Maintain clean and safe work environments
- Other restoration / construction related tasks as required
- High School education or equivalent
- Possess sense of urgency, professional demeanor, positive attitude, and strong work ethic
- Proficient in technology (phone applications and email)
- 1+ years property restoration and/or construction experience
- Ability to read, understand and execute scopes of work
- Ability to follow directions and complete assigned tasks with little or no supervision
- Ability to identify potential job site hazards
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and/or weekends on a rotating on-call schedule
- Ability to travel to job sites
- Ability to perform frequent lifting in excess of 50 lbs.
- Ability to sustain long periods of standing, walking, bending and kneeling
- Possess IICRC certifications (Preferred, not required; Pay scale increase available based on IICRC certifications held)
- Valid driver’s license
- Hold strong leadership skills
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay Rate: $18-$21/hr based on experience
- Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay